Friday, March 8, 2013

Snowday!!! Fuck you all

Dear Diary:

I like snow. Hell, I love snow. I find shoveling snow to be extremely relaxing.  Well, it is relaxing until you pull out your back doing it, but it is still relaxing.  It is cozy. It is comforting. It is pure.

Until someone pisses on it.

So of course, I was excited that we might have gotten a pounding from the weather gods of the flakey white shit.  But, we got rain.  Go figure.

But that is not what this is about.

Of course, Wednesday, the day of the supposed storm that wasn't, most everyone celebrated the fact that they were given a free day off from work.

Fuck you.  In the ass, with a bat, covered in peanut butter.

"But why are you so angry TDG, why oh why are you so mean?"

As everyone took to various social media outlets celebrating the fact they did not have to work, I celebrated nothing.  This is the life of the unemployed.

While you celebrated the fact that you did not have to go into your office, I pondered the question of how I would manage to pay my property tax bill.

While you celebrated the fact that you could stay home, I pondered the question of how I would pay for a health emergency while no longer having health insurance.

While you celebrated the fact that you could do whatever you want with your free day off, I wondered how I would stretch my dollars to ensure that I could pay my mortgage, car payment, car insurance, credit card, utility bills, and groceries.

While you celebrated the fact that you did not have to work, I wondered what it would take for me to actually land an interview.

While you felt excitement, I felt hopelessness.

While you hoped to build a snowman, I hoped that someone would want to hire me.

While you enjoyed the silence of the rain and wind, I hated it because silence is now the norm.


2 comments:

  1. I'm between jobs now and a deep hell hole life wise, overall. It has been two months for me and now I find myself missing the job that I didnt even know if I liked.

    I just hope you have some good news in your next post. I need to see this world making someone's life better at least, before I lose faith in all that is good. So far I'm spiraling towards the opposite end.

    ReplyDelete