Friday, August 19, 2011

You Asked, I Answered, Part 9

Dear Diary:

Q:What's one of your favorite memories? (could be anything)

I'm interested in this guy who is going through everything you went through- near identical story. Is it worth sticking around to see if it could work between us after the papers are officially signed? Or am I just wasting time? I don't think he's ready to date, but I know he will be amazing when he *is* ready. Thoughts?

What do guys really look for in a girl?

What's annoying you the most right now?

A: Well I guess this entry is going to be pretty fucking long then, right?

And we're off!

What's one of your favorite memories? (could be anything)

As far as memories go, I will give you two. First would be waking up early at my grandparents' (mom's side) house early in the morning and finding my grandfather making honey roasted peanuts in a skillet. He was a remarkable human being really, and even as a kid, I loved having time with him all to myself. He would make me breakfast, sometimes canned asparagus on toast, and then we would go swimming in the pool in the backyard. Other times he would take my brother and I fishing. He died in 1986, and there are still times when I wish I could just talk to him.

Second one would be playing cards with my grandmother (dad's side). She had this laugh which was more of a giggle but it was priceless. When we would go over to her house, she would basically empty the fridge onto her kitchen table, and we would pick at stuff all day. She died when I was in college, and I think it is a good thing that she didn't see me go through a divorce because it would have broken he heart.

I'm interested in this guy who is going through everything you went through- near identical story. Is it worth sticking around to see if it could work between us after the papers are officially signed? Or am I just wasting time? I don't think he's ready to date, but I know he will be amazing when he *is* ready. Thoughts?

I don't know what to say other than the guy he is now will be different than the guy he becomes as the divorce progresses. Also, you don't know when the emotional scars will be healed sufficiently enough, so you don't know when he is READY to date. The question you should ask yourself is do you want to wait it out, knowing that you don't know when he will be ready. Sorry, but I cannot answer this for you, but I can be thankful women like you exist, and by that I mean women who recognize divorce does not mean damaged.

What do guys really look for in a girl?

I know what I look for in a girl, but I do not know what other guys look for. There really is no one set of criteria. Personally speaking, I like intelligence, curiosity, compassion, humility, honesty and a laid back attitude where she is as comfortable in a black dress as she is in jeans and a t-shirt. Sense of humor is also on the list. Nice legs and a cute ass wouldn't hurt either. But if she has eyes that I could get lost in, then all bets are off.

What's annoying you the most right now?

That I have to wait until next year for another season of Mad Men. I finished the first 4 seasons on Netflix in like a week. The show is that addicting. Well, that and my diet, which I haven't fine tuned enough.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your memories, those are awesome. I love my grandparents and playing dominoes with them. They are fierce competitors but love playing and teasing each other, and us 'kids' when we play. I also like what you said about those that understand divorce doesn't mean damaged! AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can we all get "divorced is not damaged" on t-shirts or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm, mags, possibly. Let me see what I can do.

    All proceeds go to beer. I will share the beer though

    ReplyDelete