Wednesday, August 10, 2011

You Asked, I Answered, Part 6

Dear Diary:

Q: Do you have ANY desire to marry again?

A: Yes.

Ok. Now I know that I can't just leave you hanging with a one word answer, but there is really no simpler way to put it. I do in fact have a desire to marry again.

The larger question is, "Who?"

I want to marry someone who gets me. I want to marry someone who knows that even though I am quiet by nature, it doesn't mean I am uninterested. But most importantly, I want to marry someone who doesn't hold a double standard.

For instance. My ex-wife used to go visit her college friends, and when she did, money was not an issue. I was fine with he traveling since I knew how important those people were to her. She only had to pay for a plane ticket and meals and entertainment, and would go a couple times a year.

However, when i wanted to visit my best friend for his college graduation, knowing that he was married with two children living in a small place and barely getting by, the fact that not only would I be paying for airfare, but hotel and rental car as well, became a financial issue.

Homie don't play dat.

So, I want to marry someone who gives me as much freedom as I do her. I want to marry someone who looks at me and is as proud of me as I am of her.

Short answer is still yes. Longer answer is that I just have not met he yet. But I hope she looks good in jeans and a t-shirt.

4 comments:

  1. These are really good criteria and I agree with all of them. Despite your gruff exterior here (lol), I know you are a caring, loving soul deep down and deserve that in return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have to give what you get in a relationship. it took me a long time, and a lot of tearful conversations with the man, to get that through my stubborn, thick skull. but you're 100% spot-on right. you deserve absolutely nothing less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a surprisingly refreshing answer. Honesty, love it.

    ReplyDelete