Sunday, August 21, 2011

You Asked, I Answered, Part 10

Dear Diary:

Q: what's the most entertaining thing you've done in the past month?

A: Nothing. Nothing at all.

My life is pretty mundane and routine. I wake up. I go to the gym. I come home and make breakfast. I go to work. I go to the gym. I come home and have a protein shake*.

I go to sleep. I wake up.....

You get my point.

Now, there are a few things on the horizon that I can tell you about, and some that I cannot tell you about. The things I cannot tell you about have to do with something that I do not want to give away just yet, but let's say that if it works out, then I am going to be happier than a sailor at at hooker convention.

As far as the things that I can tell you about, well, let's see. I am going to see Foo Fighters when they come to town in November, and have pretty damn good seats. BB is coming to visit sometime in the fall and since I haven't seen her in well over a year, I am really looking forward to it. I am getting my last two wisdom teeth pulled, so Vicodin induced constipation is sure to follow.

That is one side affect they never tell you about. Some people are like, "woohoo, painkillers!!!" Not this guy. I just wish the those prescribing them would be honest. Maybe say something like, "Now take 1-2 of these every four hours, or when you feel pain. And by the way, you may want to buy some laxatives, otherwise your asshole will feel like someone is driving a Mac truck out of it at 85 miles per hour. But the Vicodin should help with that pain too."

But the last month or so? Nope, nada.


*Protein Shake:

Nectar Fuzzy Naval flavored Whey Protein Isolate
1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup frozen mangoes

Put it in a blender, and well, blend. And enjoy. That is the basic recipe. You can mix it up some.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that protein shake looks SO GOOD! Must try. As for things on the horizon? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete