Saturday, July 23, 2011

You Asked, I Answered, Part 4

Dear Diary:

Q: What is your biggest pet peeve? What is your most embarrassing moment? What is the most random fact about you?

A: A three part question!!!

Anyway, my biggest pet peeve is when someone disregards another person's time. For instance, I do not like waiting around forever when someone says, "I'll meet you at (insert random time here)."

I do not mind when plans have to be canceled. Hell, I do it, but I always give notice. If I am running late (which is easy to do when you get stuck in traffic around here) I always call, E-mail, or text. I wish some people would have the same courtesy to tell you the truth.

My most embarrassing moment is.....putting a knife through my hand and all the bullshit that happened as a result. I mean, do you have any fucking idea how hard it is to even shower one handed? Thankfully, on occasion, I had someone to help (she was, and still is, a sweetheart, not to mention had a rock hard body).

The most random fact about me? Maybe the fact that I probably own more kitchen stuff than any other heterosexual man on the planet that is not a professional chef? Hell, I don't know.

4 comments:

  1. YES, YES, a thousand times yes about the respecting someone's time thing. oh, my GOD, that's about the biggest pet peeve i have. my ex was AWFUL about being late to everything, ever. my man now likes to get riiiiight on the edge of timeliness. the worst fight the man and i have ever had is the time i tore him a new one because i was trying to plan an afternoon of errands before we met a friend of his for dinner. we had a time, but no other details. he told me "it's not a big deal - don't freak out on me." oh, he won't make that mistake again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Forgt about the hand incident! This time last year right?? I'd love to see pics of your kitchen. Prove it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog on a friends blog and I found myself totally wrapped up in it! I am divorced as well and sometimes I find it nice to know I am not the only one who has gone threw it since all my friends are happily married or in happy relationships :) I am glad to see how well you are doing now. (I read both blogs from beginning to end. Amazing story)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you put a knife through your hand? Yikes. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete