Sunday, July 17, 2011

You Asked, I Answered, Part 3

Dear Diary:

Q: Where would you recommend someone to go on vacation that you have been and why? If you could go anywhere you haven't already been and cost wasn't a factor, where would you go?

A: I guess it really depends on whether or not you are vacationing alone, or with someone. Also, it depends on what type of person you are and what you enjoy.

If you are a foodie, then I would recommend going to Seattle. I went to Seattle a few years ago. And even though it was pretty much raining the entire time I was there, I really enjoyed it. Walking around Pike Place Market was a lot of fun, and there are great little places to grab a bite to eat. While I was there, I actually tried sushi for the first time, and my love for it was born. I figured if I was going to try it, I might as well try it there. It was a great decision.

I also had dinner at Etta's, a Tom Douglas restaurant, can can easily say that I had one of the top 3 meals I have ever had in my entire life there. I had salmon, and it was absofuckinglutely amazing.

The City is also very walkable, which is a bonus if you are traveling alone.

If you are going with someone, I would say go to Key West. Key West is a lot of fun, and the fact you can walk around with a cold beer in your hand is well, pretty fucking sweet if you ask me. And the city itself is beautiful, with a lot of old homes and historical places to see. Not to mention, the weather is pretty damn near perfect.

I want to go back there at some point, but with other people, so that I can really enjoy the laid back atmosphere and do some deep sea and sport fishing.

Now, if cost were not a factor, and I could go anywhere, I would go to Greece. No question about it. I figure I would spend a couple days in Athens, exploring the ruins and stuff like that, and then take a cruise around the islands, with the final destination being Santorini, where I would spend a few days, renting a villa with a private pool, on the cliffs.

If I would do it right, it would cost a fortune, but it is one thing I am promising myself to do before I die.

4 comments:

  1. Greece. I am totally on board with that. Tops on my list too (and Key West!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love cities with reasonable alcohol policies. i think it's the height of unfair that i can't order a margarita to go on my way home from work in the summer. that's why NOLA and key west are among the best places on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from Seattle and it is a lovely place to visit. (But don't move here! Our traffic's bad enough! Hehe.)

    I would also recommend Chile. I used to live there and they have everything. And I mean everything. Easter Island, the Andes, a lot of beaches, the driest desert in the world AND Antarctica.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sassy, umm, I live where the traffic has been rated the absolute most miserable.

    Ohhhh wait, you were making somewhat of a joke! I get it.

    Must....Get.....More.....Coffee...

    ReplyDelete