Thursday, June 9, 2011

On Friends and Finances

Dear Diary:

My dad used to warn me to never get into business with friends and family. It seems a little harsh, but in reality, it always seems to play out that if you get into business with friends and family, you will somehow get the shaft.

The thing is, I do not mind being generous with money. I don't mind picking up a check. I don't even mind picking up a hotel room. I don't mind buying groceries either.

What I do mind is when people take advantage of said generosity. I do mind when people say they will pitch in and don't. What I do mind is when I buy groceries, say like frozen chicken, and people take it out, and don't fucking cook it and it goes bad.

THAT'S MY MONEY MOTHERFUCKER!!

If I am going to be generous with it, I am going to do it on my terms. You do not get to decide to change your mind when you say you will pitch in and then when its brought up all of a sudden disappear and give excuses. I....FUCKING....HATE....THAT.

If you say you are going to do something, then FUCKING DO IT. Keep your word, especially when it comes to money. People work hard for it. I work hard for mine, which means I get to do with it what I so choose. If I want to be generous, then I will be, but for the love of all that is good and holy, do two things for me, would you please?

Don't take advantage of my generosity, and KEEP YOUR FUCKING WORD.

2 comments: