Thursday, March 3, 2011

There Is Nothing Worse....

Dear Diary:

There is nothing worse than buying a cup of coffee, and said cup of coffee has a fucked up lid on it, one that isn't quite tight enough to stop coffee from leaking under the lid and landing on your shirt.

It's not that the lid comes off. No, it stays on. It stays on and slowly allows drops of coffee to land on your shirt without noticing until you go to put on your jacket for a meeting and look down and notice coffee stains. If the lid were to come flying off, then well, I would notice that I have coffee on my shirt when it actually happens as opposed to later, after it has already dried and there remains nothing but a stain.

There is nothing worse than this especially if the day has started off on somewhat of a good footing. Oh wait, no, let me correct that. It does become worse if you don't notice said coffee stains on your shirt until after you have had a meeting or two.

And for some reason I just had to tell you this. I do not particularly know why. I mean, I have had something else I wanted to tell you for a while now, but that thought requires thought, and this thought requires just a fucked up coffee lid.

Now, if you will please excuse me, I must get back to my regularly scheduled apparently fucked up day.

5 comments:

  1. Hope it gets better!

    word verification: dablamit <--reminded me of Yosemite Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I HATE when that happens!! Never ceases to fail especially when wearing a white shirt or something either (and lol T on the word verification!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that is just the worst. and it happens to me just so, so often. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm morbidly curious about what you've been wanting to write about for a while now. Will be staying tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, why is it that it's never me that notices it, somebody always has to point it out. You'd think that for $4.50 for a cup of coffee they could invest in a little coffee lid quality control, just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete