Saturday, February 12, 2011

Evo-Lution

Dear Diary:

At the ripe old age of 32, I have finally ventured into the world of smartphones. Yeah yeah, I know I am behind the curve. But, I am also the guy that didn't actually buy his first car until he was 30. Or have sex until his early-mid 20s.

I'm a late bloomer, what can I say?

So, I figured I would dive in head first and upgrade to the most bad ass phone I could get, that I liked. I am not the type to buy the latest trend just because it is the latest trend. I have to like the product.

Now, in purchasing my new device (you really cannot call these things phones anymore, what's the point?) there were some things I insisted upon having: a keyboard, not big and bulky, and cool graphics. I do not like these touch screen keyboards, at all. That is one reason I resisted in getting the iPhone. I just do not like the feel of it.

But, the HTC Evo Shift? Entirely different story. This fucking phone is unbelievable. Not only does it have a keyboard, but it has a touch screen, and not a small one. It has more fucking features than I know what to do with, and well hell, the damn thing just turns me on quite frankly. I love gadgets. Especially when they look cool. And especially when they do exactly what I want, and then some.

And for some strange reason, I sort of feel somewhat normal now. Like I finally use the device for what it is designed for. Like I finally woke up and joined the rest of the world. I mean, while I like gadgets, I do not like just spending money on them just so I can be the first one to have them. So it seems like this smartphone came along at just the right time.

And no, I am not being paid to write anything positive. However, if HTC or Sprint would like to send me a check, I will not object to it. Like the rest of the world, I am not opposed to free shit.

5 comments:

  1. as i always say, i'm sure i got along just fine before my iphone. i just don't remember that way of life, and i don't ever, ever want to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the here and now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the cult of Android. Since I have an upgrade available in March and Verizon has slain the mighty AT&T dragon, I have been debating whether or not to move to iPhone 4 from my Moto Droid. Enter the HTC Thunderbolt, slated to be released at the end of this month. Pretty much everything I could ever (read: currently) want in a phone/communication device. And just like that, all my lust was lost for the iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can send music from my computer to my phone, without plugging them into one another.

    I am waiting for the phone to do my laundry, can it apparently can do everything else

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bluetooth!

    If you buy a Chevy, there's an app to turn start your car remotely which seems like it would be handy for winter. Not that I really recommend buying a Chevy.

    Do yourself a favor and download the game Angry Birds. It's free and way more addicting than I would ever have believed.

    ReplyDelete