Sunday, May 16, 2010

Remember Me?

Dear Diary:

Yeah, I know I haven't been around much. I know I said I would provide weekly updates on how things were going with the weight loss. I know I said I would write about anything at some point. Blah blah fucking blah.

I have been a combination of busy/frustrated/annoyed/lonely/happy/sad/tired and oh, did I mention frustrated?

Well, here is an update on a couple things, as well as some mindless rambling (hey, it's what I do best!).

I stepped on the scale this morning, and am down to 252. That is 12 pounds total, in five weeks. Now, granted, that really came in one week of seven dropped, and one week of five. A couple of the weeks in there I had to deal with a pulled muscle in my back, work, and other shit, but I am on track, still, to reach my goal. So that's a plus.

I haven't been on a date in a couple months. That's not a problem either.

What is a problem is the fucking city government, or more specifically, trying to get a building permit for my deck from the fucking city government. Or maybe I should call it the "fucked up city government" because it has proven to be the most inefficient waste of money on the planet (and I know it has stiff competition).

My house needs a deck. There is only one exit to the main house, and that is the front door. This is a fire hazard in my opinion. With a deck, I have two exits.

With the deck, I am also able to finally move a bunch of shit into the back yard where there is already some shit, and have it all hauled away. This will allow me to open up a ton of space in my house and finish it off completely without having to constantly move shit around in it.

With a deck, I am also able to finally get a grill.

You see, and this might be hard to understand for some, but the grill represents a final piece. Why you might ask? Well, I will tell you.

I lost my fucking grill in the divorce. I couldn't take my little Weber with me when I moved so I left it at the old house. My year in exile in the suburbs was without a grill.

There is a weird but unique bond between a man and his grill. It's cooking meat with fire. It's the smell. It's where the guys hang out and bullshit when people are over drinking and eating. I don't know how to explain it, but it's a guy thing (and yes, I am well aware of the fact that women like grills as well and love to use them).

I want to get a grill the size of a compact car. One with a rotisserie spit. One that can cook and entire pig (figuratively obviously because I live in a city and I don't want to take up my entire back yard).

Grilling is an outlet for me. It is calming. I cannot buy a grill until my deck is done because I have no other place to put it.

I WANT MY FUCKING GRILL!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you lost your grill in the divorce? I kept mine - lol - and wouldn't know what to do without it...you are right, there is nothing like grilling...and for me, a girl, I used to be scared to grill or think it was a man's job, but ya know, it's actually kinda empowering ;-) so, tonight, I shall grill for you...and hope you get your grill soon!! (and congrats on the weight loss!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for the 12 pounds down!

    as for the building permit - ick. i'm sorry. dealing with stuff like that is just obnoxious as all hell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been lurking a while
    Anyway, I may be silly, but is there any way you can grill out front until the city gets off its ass?

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete