Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week 1

Dear Diary,

This week, I went to the gym five days. I watched what I ate, and counted calories. I did not starve myself at all. I ate what I wanted to eat. If I wanted peanut butter, I had some, just not a lot of it. I met up with Sunshine and grabbed a bite to eat, and had a salad topped with a turkey burger patty. I paid attention to what I was putting in my body, as well as the level of exercise that I was doing.

And then this morning, I stepped on the scale and......

I lost seven pounds in one week.

Am I happy? You better believe it.

However, I am also a bit frustrated because it was so damn easy to do. I could have been doing this for years and I wouldn't be in the place that I am today, physically speaking. I mean, it was easy, and I felt good the entire time.

As far as eating, there were more days than I can count that I found myself uncomfortably full. It probably had to do with the fact that I consumed a ton of dietary fiber. You know that type of fiber, it is the one that gives you gas and makes you shit bricks. But I also ate a healthy amount of protein, and even some fats.

But the larger point is that I paid attention to what I was doing and where I am focused on getting. If I can keep this up (which I will) I will hit my goal probably faster than I am expecting to. Now I am not anticipating to drop seven pounds every single week. That would probably be unhealthy. But, since I did drop that much, that does not mean I am going to take time off to balance out the schedule I set for myself. You know the mentality, the "Well, I did great last week so I can be a fat ass slacker this week," mentality.

Not going to happen. Ever again.

5 comments:

  1. Damn! Most impressed (and a little jealous). Well done, you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! 7 lbs in a week is amazing!! Have you heard of livestrong.com? I am going to check it out - but it lets you log your foods eaten, calories burned etc., and looks really good. A friend of mine is using it (she recently had gastric bypass) and swears by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous work! that's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete