Thursday, January 14, 2010

Interesting



Dear Diary:

Someone read my blog and thought of this image as a reflection of who I am. I find it interesting, and somewhat truthful.

I also find it somewhat scary because I do not see it myself.

Do I actually have the world at my fingertips? If so, why the fuck didn't I get the memo? Why wasn't I on the conference call?

Maybe it's because enough is never enough. There always has to be a next step. There always has to be something more to life than what it is right now. There is that drive to move forward, to grow, to be better, to succeed, to challenge....

To win.

So, maybe I have the world at my fingertips, but, like the man in the picture, maybe I am just bored with it all.

2 comments:

  1. I think you look at it and see a point that you have to get to. I think you need to see that you are here. It's now. He's not bored in the picture. He just doesn't get it yet. The key is that it isn't out of reach. It is now. There is no "enough is never enough". Hell what a crappy life we would all live, living that way, never feeling like you are there yet. It is looking at what you have and knowing that you are where you should be, now. The man isn't bored. He is right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think than man is looking for something.

    ReplyDelete