Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm A Mac

Dear Diary:

So, this morning, while I was over at Girl 7's place (yes, I am still dating the same woman), I talked to my contractor who said he had to drop off some tools at my house so I had to run home. When I get home, I turned on my computer to check to my E-mail, and wouldn't you know it....

The damn thing crapped out on me. And I am not just saying it crapped out so that I had an excuse to drop money on a new computer. I pressed the button, and it made a weird sound, and beeped twice, and that is that. The screen wont even light up, and I cannot get to the prompt to run a disk recovery.

So, I decided to say, "to hell with it," and went shopping.

Now, I have thought about getting a Mac for some time now because let's be honest, they are just better machines. They do not have all those thousands of useless programs that a PC comes with that you spend countless hours deleting, and in the process of course accidentally delete something important. And for the sake of honestly, I mean seriously, they are just fucking cooler than a PC can ever dream of being. They are machines with attitude and style, and are surprisingly easy to use.

So, since I get a discount because of who I work for, I went to the Apple store, and broke my Mac cherry with a brand new MacBook Pro with a 15in display. I am still getting used to how everything works, but from the first day, I can tell that I am going to like this thing (and I better like it for the amount of cash I dropped on it).

So, as of this day forward, I'm a Mac, not a PC.

3 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo!

    Welcome to the club!

    Here! Have some Kool-Aid.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So, as of this day forward, I'm a Mac, not a PC."
    And in the scheme of things, what difference does that make? Mac schmack. As long as I can get my email, I don't care what kind of machine it is. Glad for you that you got a good deal, though. I love a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Mac world, it is bright, colorful and wonderful. We love our MacBook and timemachine, if you ever need an easy way to back up and throw wi-fi through your house. Congratulations and enjoy the new machine!

    Katy

    ReplyDelete