Sunday, December 6, 2009

45 Minutes

Dear Diary:

I saw Girl 7 again on Friday night. I think this was the 4th date if I have my math right (and if I can't count to 4, I have a serious problem).

I picked her up at her place. Now that I am living in DC, I have to battle the rush hour traffic, but surprisingly enough, there was none on a Friday night. I managed to gun it practically the entire way there, and the only time I had to stop was because of traffic lights. I will gladly accept that this may have been a good omen.

This was the first date after our first kiss. When I picked her up, we didn't hug, or kiss, or even shake hands. I am finding that the date after the first kiss is comical, or at least the beginning is, because it's like no one knows how they are supposed to react. So anyway, I being the gentleman (hard to believe right?) that I am, opened the car door for her, and off we went.

We went to check out National Harbor. They have this huge Christmas thing going on, with lights, decorations, a tree that has a light show, and even people dressed up as elves and shit doing a live stage show outside (in the cold, and they look like idiots but the little kids like them).

Now, I like National Harbor. It isn't a bad place at all, and once more people actually go there, it will be a great place to hang out. The only downside is that there are not many places to eat and drink. For instance, we went to some place that had good old American food, and a mechanical bull you could ride if you wanted everyone to clap and laugh at you, and the wait was an hour. So, we went across the street, and the wait was an hour. Apparently you need a reservation to get a club sandwich.

So, we went back across the river. We walked around a bit, and then found a place to eat that seemed cozy and quiet. Now, Girl 7 is my height, so of course we were seated a way that had me in a short chair and her on a high bench. Because that is obviously the thing to do so that I look like a midget and she looks like a giant. Needless to say, we got a good laugh out of it.

Anyway, I know I am rambling, but we walked around and then I brought her home, and she invited me in and we talked a bit and she made a dessert that she had brought home from her trip home for Thanksgiving and it was buttery, sugary goodness. Then we stood next to each other, not saying a word. So I did what I wanted to do all night.

I pulled her close and kissed her, and as we stood, we kissed, for roughly 45 minutes. We just stood there, kissing, and occasionally laughing, but for the most part we kissed. It was tender, passionate, pleasurable, warm, seductive, and hell, it was everything it could have and should have been.

I see her again Tuesday.

On another note, I am dead tired from working on my house, and I just want the damn thing finished. I sealed brick all weekend, ran errands, got a stainless steel table to use and in island in the kitchen (it looks kick ass by the way), and barely had time to breath. But I want to get it all done, and as soon as possible.

So I can invite Girl 7 over for dinner.

5 comments:

  1. Well now why on earth didn't you just switch seats? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, why? So she could look like the midget?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done...sounds sort of like my weekend with dates 3 AND 4 with boy #9... ;-) sounds promising for you, good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fingers and toes are crossed for you, for both the getting the house in order and getitng the girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 45 minutes of kissing...now THAT'S romance at it's best! Good for you. :)

    ReplyDelete