Friday, November 20, 2009

T-Minus

Dear Diary:

It is approximately 12:45 EST as this is written on a Friday afternoon. In less than 24 hours, the moving truck will come and the crew will load my shit and carry it to my new house.

And it's about fucking time.

Now, for the record, the house isn't done. I do not have a shower door yet, and have to get one custom made. The stairs are completely rough, and have to be redone. I have to fix some stuff in the kitchen, and the counter top arrives Saturday afternoon. I also still have a lot of painting to do, and some touch up plastering of the walls.

But, the basics are done to the point that I can move in. Jackpot.

Also, as I write this, I realize my life is incredibly boring....

------------

Girl 7 and I had our second date last night. We met up in her neighborhood and went to a restaurant that neither she nor I had been to before, but it came recommended. The food was fantastic, and dinner lasted three hours. Fortunately, we left and got into our cars right before a torrential downpour. I swear, it was like a damn monsoon outside.

Anyway, I really enjoyed our date, and apparently she did to, or at least that is what her E-mail to me said this morning when she asked me if I wanted to take a break from the whole move and head over to her place for dinner this weekend. Once again:

Jackpot.

3 comments:

  1. Yea for you! Unless you're a rock star (and most of us aren't) I think life is generally a little boring. Not that we can't spice it up here and there, but there are always mundane things that must get done. I hope this is the start of better times for you, house-wise and lady-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done re: date #2!! And good luck on the move - as I just moved, I can relate - it's an awful process, but so rewarding once it's all done! :)

    ReplyDelete