Sunday, November 22, 2009

Picking Staples Out Of Stairs

Dear Diary:

This is the first experiment with mobile blogging so if shit does not make sense, just roll with it.

I sit here on my stairs in the new house. There are boxes everywhere and contractor bags filled with garbage. Just the type of place you want to move into right?

I just spent the last hour picking staples out of the staircase. These staples are left from demolition when the carpet was ripped up. This is my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

It is a bit surreal living in a house again. I feel grown up and independent. I feel responsible. I feel vindicated.

The house is a decent sized two bedroom, one and a half bath place. The only downside is that the vast majority of the furniture I own is two big for the place. I need to buy a new couch and a new entertainment center. The bookcases I have are pretty worthless at the moment because there is no plave to put them. Oh and I need to also buy a bed for the guestroom. Ikea here I come.

The granite counter top for the kitchen was installed yesterday and looks, for lack of a better word, absofuckinglutely amazing. Black granite with dark cabinets and stainless steel appliances. Jackpot.

The only downside to the kitchen at the moment is that the wall cabinets are too high and are being lowered Tuesday, so I can't unpack most of the kitchen stuff, nor can I cook anything since nothing is turned on.

I slept here last night for the first time. It is an interesting experience to sleep in a new place the first night. It takes a little while to get adjusted to the sounds of the house as well as the sounds of the city outside. To hear the cars driving at two in the morning, the occasional yelling outside late at night, ahh how I have missed this.

Now I am waiting for my washer and dryer to be delivered and once that is done, I have everything I need (well except for the shower door I need custom built). So with that I am going to get back to unpacking and cleaning.

Anyone want some furniture?

No comments:

Post a Comment