Monday, September 21, 2009

So It's Been 11 Days

Dear Diary:

It has been 11 days since my last entry. So, I thought I would take the time to update you on my life and what has been keeping me so busy that I have not had the time to write to you.

The House - The renovation project that I am working on has taken up a ton of my time. Between meeting with contractors, overseeing the progress, looking for appliances, cabinets, and everything else, I am shocked that I have a spare moment. Keep in mind that I am doing all of this while still working a job that I put in over 40 hours a week at, and well, you get the point. My weekends are spent taking care of stuff for the house, so as far as relaxing weekends go, I haven't had one in a while. But, the good news is that the project is coming along smoothly. After hitting a couple bumps in the road (such as the need to replace the entire fucking roof), things are going smoothly. All the major carpentry work will take place over the next two weeks. The heating system work has been done. The masonry work will be done in one week. About two weeks from now, the fixtures will start to be put in. So, what type of fixtures are we talking about exactly? Well, here is the short list"

Kitchen-all new cabinets, appliances, counter top, knobs, sink, etc.

Floors-all new hardwood flooring, about 1000 square feet of it.

Bath-custom built tile shower, new toilets and vanities for both the full bath and half bath, vent fans, etc.

Lighting-all new lighting throughout the house

Walls-all new drywall, and cleaning the exposed brick

Doors-new front door, new rear door, and a ton of new doors inside the house

I think you can get the picture from that little list. The house is a shell right now, and when it is done, the whole thing will be practically brand new. If you can think of everything that goes into a house, that is what I am looking at.

Dating - Dating is going well. Things with Sunshine have slowed down to the point that we haven't seen each other in a while, and we don't talk that much anymore, and I am fine with that. So, I am seeing other people.

I had a great date this weekend with a girl that I have been talking to for a while. And when I say great, I mean great. Everything felt so comfortable, it was almost weird. We met at a restaurant and had a couple beers before having dinner. The conversation was filled with a lot of laughter and just getting to know each other some more.

During dinner, she said something very quickly, almost like she was trying to see if I was paying attention. Let me try to replay what she said:

"Oh, I'm divorced, I think I told you that, but anyway.."

My reply: "Really? No, you didn't mention it. No big deal, likewise."

And that was all that was said about that. It was a completely freeing feeling. I no longer at some point have to explain to this girl that I am divorced. That has always been a bit of a tightrope to walk, because the reactions are varied. But with this one, Girl 5, its not an issue at all.

Pretty fuckin' sweet if you ask me.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome re: the dating...I'm still going at it as well, and am stuck at the date #1 curse, but hopefully will break that soon (wish me luck tonight...LOL!).

    ReplyDelete