Thursday, September 10, 2009

Now That I Am Not Frustrated

Dear Diary:

So a little more than a week has passed since my last entry, and there are a couple of things I wanted to point out.

First, I wrote that last one while completely and totally frustrated. Since then things with Sunshine have actually gotten better. And yes, we are still dating.

Secondly, I said I didn't respect a lot of the women I slept with, and I didn't. I can name seven that I actually did respect. Some now I respect more than others. Some I even still talk to.

The reason I was so utterly and completely frustrated had nothing to do with sex. It had to do with the sudden change from everything is going great and moving forward to a complete stop and reset. If you don't know why I was so frustrated, think back to what my mood may have been like in March of 2008, and then you will have your answer.

But all I did was read to much into something that was not really happening. Sunshine wasn't putting a stop to anything, she was just slowing things down to protect herself. We have gone out a few times since then, and have talked at length about things, about relationships, about us still dating. Quite frankly, I am in a better place as a result, and slowing things down was a good thing. This way we don't jump into anything and end up together because we feel we need to be, not because we want to be (if things were to go that route).

Now Diary, I know what you are thinking. You are thinking that I am wasting my time, and that I am looking for something to be there where it isn't. The only thing I could do to prove you wrong would be to give details of all our conversations, and that is something I am not going to do.

The fact is that I overreacted. After a week, dealing with contractors, my day job, and a ton of other shit, I have a greater sense of clarity.

And that is fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment