Sunday, August 9, 2009

What's For Dinner?

Dear Diary:

Girl 3 (actually she is the only one now, I am not dating anyone else and I don't want to, but we will keep this nickname until I come up with another) is coming over for dinner tonight. She is on her way as I write, so I am making this short and sweet, and I will give you the details of how the night goes at a later date.

I am cooking her dinner tonight, so I decided to make something that is simple, easy, yet elegant at the same time. The menu is as follows:

Brie and bread for starters

Salad of mixed baby greens tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper, topped with crumbled goat cheese.

Lamb chops that have been marinating in garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and olive oil for roughly a day now. These will be pan seared, and then broiled.

The chops, once done, will be drizzled with a reduction of red wine and figs, and those will be served over garlic and chive mashed potatoes.

For dessert, I have strawberry shortcake.

And for the wine, a nice bottle of Pinot Noir from Oregon.

That is my menu. One may think that this would take a while to do, but honestly, it is a piece of cake. The reduction is already done, and is just cooling. The potatoes are cooking. The bread is sliced and the brie is out so that it comes to room temperature. The garlic and chive and butter for the mashed potatoes are prepared, and all I need to do is cook it for a bit, then mix in. The salad takes about three minutes to put together. The strawberries are already sliced for dessert, and that takes seconds to put together. The lab chops will be cooked when she gets here, and will take no more than twenty minutes. While they are cooking, she can kick back, enjoy a glass of wine and some bread and cheese, and then we are good to go.

I just hope she isn't allergic to anything, because that would totally fucking suck if you ask me.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome!! Enjoy, good luck, and can't wait to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason she has slept with you and is also stringing you along is because she believes you to be a great guy and she sees great potential, except one thing... she thinks your a fucking faggot.
    WHAT MAN COOKS SHIT LIKE THAT? She's not into metrosexuals dude, sorry. There is NO bad boy in you. She told me you trim and file your nails. LOL.

    ReplyDelete