Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Dating Game

Dear Diary:

First off, by now you should expect apologies when I don't update you for a while. However, between work being about as busy as a tornado, and fixing up the house, and dating, I have been swamped. So, I am giving myself a free pass whenever I don't update you with the adventures of my life. Honestly, I thought I bored you, but if I didn't, check back about once a week or so and you can see what I am up to.

But anyway....

So, like I said, I am dating. And you know what? I am having the time of my life. I never really dated prior to being married. I just sort of found myself in relationships. I have spoken to some people who were the same way, so, if you have trouble understanding it, just go with me.

Anyway, dating is fun. Like I said earlier, the online dating thing is panning out well so far. This weekend, I had dates with Girl 3 Friday and Saturday. Last weekend, Girl 2, and next weekend, Girl 4 possibly.

I am not feeling anything with Girl 2, so, that is going to come to an end. She is nice and all, but I just don't feel anything is there, and I don't want to spend weeks and months trying to find something that I think would cause a spark. So, I am going with my gut on this, and ending it.

Girl 3 is the one I have spent the most time with so far, and we are clicking very well. I haven't been able to really notice anything that I do not like about her. I really enjoy spending time with her, and our nights together this weekend were great. She is one of the more well rounded individuals I have ever met, has a great outlook on life, and is very attractive in my book. Her eyes are crystal blue, and I could honestly get lost in them. She is smart, funny, driven, compassionate, and always seems to look for the positive things in life. Oh, and she enjoys spending time with me as much as I do with her. She is full of life and laughter, and I dig her.

The funny thing is that I wasn't really planning on this. Sure, you always hope for the best when you put yourself out there like that, but I wasn't thinking that I would find someone that I would click with so suddenly. Now, I am not complaining that it happened, hell, I am happy it did. But not for the reasons that one would expect.

I am happy that it is happening because I know that no matter what happened in the past, it is just the past. I am fully capable of having feelings for someone, even though they may just be starting out, and it is too soon to tell if they will go anywhere. But, that being said, the light was not completely extinguished by my divorce. There remains a flicker, and it is getting brighter by the day.

--------

Now, for some irony. I have been matched with about ten women who have the same first name as my ex-wife. How the hell is that happening? I married one with that first name, and there will not be another. When I see that name before I see the pictures, I just cringe. Well, I mean honestly, it would be funny as fuck if my ex and I got set up through online dating, and I would laugh my ass off.

Secondly, Girl 4 has the same first name as the woman for whom my ex-wife's dad left her mom. I find that somewhat funny. Except this girl doesn't look like an anorexic meth addict. In fact, she is pretty hot, and the thought of being a lazy stay-at-home-do nothing-chain smoker probably doesn't appeal to her AT ALL.

Also, the ones that I have kissed, they kissed me first. Thank you equality movement!

Ok, now, back to doing a whole lot of nothing. I have barely had time to take a decent shit the last couple of, oh hell, months, and tonight, I am just going to chill. Word.

2 comments:

  1. BRAVO!!!-KNWKie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating...love reading about your dating escapades...my first date is tomorrow, will be sure to post my thoughts as well! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete