Saturday, June 6, 2009

Weekend Update

Dear Diary:

For the last week or so I have had a bad case of writer's block. I cannot seem to put anything together that seems to make any sense, so this is why I have not keep you updated on what I have been doing lately. My brain has been a jumbled mess of random bullshit that is all over the place. I have been catching things from all angles at work, and although I am liking my new position immensely, it has proven to be challenging. But, there are some very very good things happening in my life at the moment that I thought I would tell you about briefly while I have a whole turkey breast in the oven roasting (why not right?).

Like I said, work has proven to be a challenge, and this is a good thing. I had gotten a bit set in my ways in me previous position, and I was having trouble coming up with new ideas to move the organization forward. However, now that I am once again being challenged, I am finding that the ideas are back to flowing out of my brain like beers flows at Oktoberfest. Everything seems as it should be at work, and I am loving every minute of it. I am also liking the fact that I got to move my desk near a window, and have ample space now for all my random shit. Yes, I am slowly but surely moving on up to the big desk. Not bad if I do say so myself.

Also, as I said earlier, I ventured out into the great unknown (at least to me) world of online dating. I am not going to tell you which site I signed up for, because well honestly, I don't expect to get any royalty checks or discounts from the place, and I would be biased, so, let's just say that it is a fairly respectable one (if any really exist that is). I went into the whole situation with an open mind, and I wasn't expecting to meet anyone right out of the gates, but, guess what happened?

Yup, I met someone. We seem to click pretty well. There is nothing but constant laughter, and, well, I think she is pretty damn hot. We have been out twice so far, with date number three happening tomorrow. And truth be told, I really couldn't be more optimistic than I am right now, and I am not talking about optimistic as far as a relationship.

I am talking about optimistic as far as everything. Listen, if after a few more dates, while we are in the still getting to know each other phase, things do not work out, that is ok. It won't break me. I will just move on to something else. If work becomes more than I can handle, I will ask my team to help me out. I will adapt, I will improvise, I will roll with the punches.

Isn't that what life is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment