Monday, April 20, 2009

Chapter 2

Dear Diary:

Good morning. Before you and I get better acquainted, I think I should first probably introduce myself. I am the Divorced Guy. You are my Diary. You are the younger brother of The Diary of A Jaded Soon-To-Be Ex-Husband. You are, in fact, Chapter 2.

Before we go any further, I just wanted to say a couple of words about your older brother. He was a good sport really. He managed to put up with a lot of my bullshit, and for that, I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to create him. So, apparently you have a lot of fucking work to do if you are to be as popular as him. So buck up, or shut the fuck up little one, this ain't no time to play.

I do freely admit that what spawned your sudden birth was an E-mail I received this morning from the girl that your older brother knows about who I went on a date with and who suddenly wanted to just be friends. It seems as though she met someone, so, obviously I am feeling a bit aggravated. I mean, E-mail is great for a lot of things, but with my history in electronic forms of communication (ex-wife told me she wanted a divorce over Instant Messenger initially), I didn't take that E-mail that well. To say that I felt as though it was a punch in the stomach would be putting it mildly, considering the reason she said she wanted to be friends was because of a medical thing she was dealing with. Then I got the whole, "I really wanted this to work out," line, but apparently not.

So, back to square one, or rather Chapter 2, since that E-mail really was sort of a conclusion type thing to something that happened with your older brother. And this Diary is all about you baby.

I will attempt to fill your space with random, and not so random, stuff as much as I possibly can. You can count on being fed at least once a week (hey, daddy's got bills to pay, this ain't a gravy train), but more often that not you will get extra meals spread out throughout the course of the week. I will try to keep you up to date on what I am doing as best I can so that you do not worry about me. I will tell you absolutely pointless bullshit just because I think it's funny.

I will also play around with your format until I get you just the way I want you.

Peace out.

The Divorced Guy

2 comments:

  1. I'll be reading! Loved Soon to Be Ex's blog...so I'm sure this oughtta be good (and give me more fodder for my own blog - To Be Determined) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I would start at the beginning. I'm enjoying it, because I relate. -M

    ReplyDelete